Thursday 19 August 2010

Tweenie Mission

Master Tweenie's choice!

Miss Tweenie's choice. Both via Modular Furniture...


Miss and Master Tweenie are being determined. Focused. Driven. As they should and would. They have a mission. They are working together... They a-r-e 10 and 12. They have decided they are growing out of their beds and I need to buy them a new one each. So off to the bed shop they went. Master Tweenie thought a nice bunk bed with a desk underneath was just the ticket. Miss Tweenie - a nice q-u-e-e-n sized bed with new linen. Of course!! Hmmmm. Not sure where I fit in to this master plan. They have chosen the beds from Modular Furniture and have begun plotting and scheming.... I tried to point out that I have already supplied them with not one but two beds in their short lives (well 3 if you count the bassinet, cot and current bed!) and that it was usual when you started to work to buy your own bed and take it with you when you move out. In a few years. Maybe they are forward planners? I said I would be happy to discuss it when they had saved a good portion of the money needed for this important investment. So, they thought about this. And thought. And thought!!!! What happened next?....

When they came home from shopping (without the desired beds), Miss Tweenie went and cleaned her room in an attempt to sort out the stuff she could sell and thus make some money. She was gone the whole afternoon. There was banging and clunking. The vacuum cleaner was going and the window cleaner disappeared upstairs. Then Master Tweenie was gone. Upstairs. Clunk, bang, vacuum, dust. Downstairs for some Ventolin and garbage bags, upstairs for more cleaning...... Well. Goodness me. Did I dare to venture upstairs for a look? Miss Tweenie's room was sorted. Piles for the rubbish, to sell, to give away, clothes to hand down to friends.... My what an organized child she is. Miss Tweenie had cajouled her brother into sorting out his room. The furniture was totally moved - bed in a different position, you could actually see the top of the desk.... (She has my moving- furniture gene!!! I'm so proud!!), piles of stuff for selling, chucking out, giving away. Even both cupboards were clean. It was not a case of chucking everything in there out of sight. Spotless. Floor vacuumed, windows cleaned (she doesn't get that from me must be a throwback gene from her Grandmother), skirtings dusted.... W-O-W!!!! I was so amazed at the professionalism. Great job Tweenies. The best thing was that I could take those chores off M-Y to-do list. AND, they didn't even ask for money. Well friends, I was so impressed I paid Miss T $20 then and there. 'Good job' I said. She was thrilled!! I then found Master T and said that if he finished the few bits and bobs in his room I would pay him $10 (Well, his sister did do most of his as well as hers...). He said 'no'. He wanted more. '$30' should do!!!!! Well, look out world. I think we have a potential 'Super Model' on out hands...........

Ciao for now


just Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails