Wednesday 29 September 2010

Love Language

My boys are 'talking' at the moment. I don't mean talking talking but they are chatting in the same language. They are in love with BMXing and are joined by this common thread, this bond, this focus. Master T is 10 and obsessed. The Silver Fox w-a-s a mad BMX-er in his youth. They are united. Everything is 'bike' this, 'air' that... They went to the skate park on Sunday for 3 hours. Up. Down. Round and round. I gave Master T a h-u-g-e lunch then afternoon tea to take with him. He came home exhausted, a bit snitchy and promptly fell asleep on the couch. The Silver Fox was pumped and chatted on and on.... They are plotting. They are planning.... Fills me with joy watching them. Watching The Silver Fox take over the reins to guide, teach and share. Me? Not interested in the slightest about these things but I feign interest as I enjoy their partnership in this healthy activity. Silver Fox was v-e-r-y proud that no skin was lost by either party...

Miss T wants her own love language with me. But. Here is the dilemma. I want it to be something active as she is becoming very allergic to e-x-e-r-c-i-s-e!!! She? Wants to learn scrapbooking and stamping. Both very creative outlets. But. I groan at the thought! Not because I don't admire the process and the outcome. But because I believe to start these as hobbies would be all-consuming. I would like to one day but not yet. Miss T? Very keen. I think we should do yoga or zumba. Something active together. So, we are at a stalemate. A standstill. I would love to do a sewing course and learn how to make cushions, sheets, put in zippers, make doona covers....  She loves to cook.... Hmmmm, still looking for our language so it seems. But in the meantime, it is a pleasure to watch boys be totally obsessed...

Ciao for now 

just Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails