Tuesday 5 October 2010

Eyebrows or Caterpillars?....

What Not To Wear
Do you know Trinny and Susannah? From What Not to Wear in the UK? Not a show I usually watch but I was flicking past the other day (on my way through pay tv but that is another story...) and apart from noticing the botox etc, they said something very profound. It got me thinking. Still. And I thought we could open the comment for discussion.....

They were talking to a lady about her eyebrows, or rather her lack of maintenance of said eyebrows. Nothing profound so far I hear you sigh. But, here is the thing. What they said was that maintaining eyebrows, getting touch ups to grey hair, wax/shave legs etc had n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do with  money, cost or time management. It had everything to do with how a person perceives herself. How aware she is of herself. The lady in question said she had no time to do these things. Their answer was that she wasn't  'in touch' with herself. She didn't give herself the attention she deserved and it was really important to do so.


I think I agree with them. I think awareness can be on many levels and obviously there is a difference between being obsessed and being indifferent but generally, it might be a good indicator that a girl needs to be more aware of herself. It might be a good place to start.


What do you think?......



Ciao for now 

just Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails