Monday 11 July 2011

Passions...

Random House Plans

Okay all, let's have a little think about this title. What are your passions? Think hard. They don't need to be particularly big or small or all-consuming-take-over-your-life sort of passions. Again a post to get you to think about you and what makes 'you' tick. Sounds deep for a Monday doesn't it?

One of my passions all my life has been to look at building plans: house, workshop, warehouse... anything. Since I took Tech drawing with Mr Guthrie in high school (never you mind what year that was) it has made my heart sing. I was pretty good at drawing once I was able to leave behind the urge to use colour pencils and just focus on the technical side of drawing. This passion didn't lead to much but I like to look and plan and envisage the end result. I did point out to my friend once that her plans for her home actually had no door leading from the laundry to the clothesline outside the, well, 'door'. Maybe it wasn't a 'life saving' moment but it did stop a bit of angst I'm sure.

Annie at A View on Design has a blog showing the house AND the plans. Sheer bliss. Have you visited her yet? Worth a look my friends. She has a wonderful selection of houses for sale from all over Australia. Be warned: you will be there for a while so grab a cuppa.

Have a great Monday folks. I'm off to work...



 Ciao for now...


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh i'll have to look at that blog too. My thing with designing a house is that we've lived in so many (my husband & i left our childhood homes for him to join the Army & me to marry him shortly after) we know what we want, we don't need an architect who doesn't know what life is like with 4 tweens!! The laundry, sorry, mudroom extraordinaire, will have a door as that is the ONLY way muddy children will be allowed to enter the house. See, i will look out for these things when i design. We'll sit our design for a year before we build it. I will have world wide pantry envy, i deserve it after some of the Army issued kitchens we've suffered in. I can not wait to have my own home, it will be my biggest design project ever, yahoo!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails