Friday 9 July 2010

Simple abundance

It is cool (well 13 degrees is pretty chilly here in the tropics). It is cloudy and has been raining. I love it! It is great stay-in-bed-and-read weather. What would I read? My favourite book. It was given to me by a good friend and made my soul sing. That was 4 or 5 years ago and it still brings me joy.  It is a book to last 365 days, for every single day of the year, a book to leave and pick up. It is thick! It even has homework. It is fabulous. Why? It guides me on a tour of my life so I can find out who I am. I know, I know, I should know who I am BUT, after being wife/mother/daughter/worker/driver/friend/aunt..... (you get the picture) after putting others needs before my own for YEARS... do i know who I am, what I like, what ignites my passion or infuriates me? I think I do but this book takes me on a meandering journey of my life to remind me. All this is done by way of 1 - 1/2 page "essays" to read. Easy! So, it is not in the slightest bit a burden. Easy reading in the morning before rising or the night before sleep.
Embrace its gentle lessons, savor its sublime common sense, dare to live its passionate truth, and share its extraordinary and exhilarating gift with every women you encounter. The authentic self is the Soul made visible - Sarah Ban Breathnach: Simple Abundance - The Day Book of Comfort and Joy
How can anyone resist a blurb that promises so much? You might like to give it a try....

Love

just martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails