Tuesday 17 August 2010

Loves: Media

Eastern wall with King Furniture couch
Media Room with decals

 We have some modern 'art' in our Media Room. This is the place designated for the TV. It was my master plan in building to only have the TV here so when we entertain and the children watch a movie, all are happy. They can hear the TV and we can hear the guests. AND, we can even play music from the Media Room that play to the designated speakers in different rooms! So we can set the mood for guests whilst all are happy and the kids don't need to listen to 'our' music. Not my idea that bit but bravo to the Silver Fox as it works very well. We can even have piped music in the shower! Aaaah, the joy of it all. The joy of planning and building. We have these modern decals in our Media Room. We did want a nice modern aboriginal painting but decided in the meantime to settle for these square decals in silver, chocolate and cardinal red. We got them from Dali Decals at a cost of $80A. Pretty good value for art we thought until we find what we want. So, one night we peeled them off the backing and sort of 'went for it'... Very liberating really, having faith in your own design. Not for everyone I know but removable and a bit of fun whilst giving the 'wow' factor. Nicely tying in our King Furniture lounge suite. I can move the lounge around and rearrange a few bits to turn it into a double bed!!! I love it. My style. Moving things around. "Change is as good as a holiday". The Silver Fox h-a-t-e-s moving furniture and will often refuse point blank not to be negotiated. Moved too much in his day I gather. But, what I can do with an old towel and a bit of elbow grease!!!! I can totally rearrange a room: beds, bookcases, chest of drawers, lounges.... It is one of my talents. Secret talents. When the Silver Fox asks me how I did it (after carefully inspecting the timber floor for scratches of which there is none!) I just smile. After all it is a s-e-c-r-e-t talent!!!......



Ciao for now




just Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails