|Now, that would motivate me! Anyone got a little T-Rex lying around?|
I have just come back from joining a health exercise program for 12 weeks. Sound fun? I've done it before. Exercising 3 times per week, at least, for 12 weeks with lots of support. I am looking forward to it but I feel it is my last chance. To get it right. To be healthy. To get the 'exercise' bug. Menopause is going to get me one day and I need to be ready for it. I need to be fit. I need to be healthy. And I need to be fit and healthy. I am motivated, but, well, it's just that...... I need someone to make me. There. I said it. I'm not lazy and my diet is fine. It's just that there always seems something else to do rather than slogging my guts out by myself...
I like the group mentality of this program. I like the ethos. I like the camaraderie... It is not easy though. Here are some of the things I have learned from previously doing the "Challenge":
- One can run around the oval twice, call it a 'warm up' and survive
- After the 'warm up' there is still 50minutes of exercise to be done. Again, one can survive
- To r-e-a-l-l-y exercise one needs to get r-e-a-l-l-y dirty
- Pelvic floors can be very uncooperative
- Sand will be everywhere. And I mean everywhere...
- The instructors can exercise and talk a-n-d expect answers. I do not have that skill, yet
- There are some very inspiring people around (you know who you are Mrs T)
- Instructors have no respect for newly straightened hair. You still have to get in the pool
- A 'teabag' is not something you flavour hot water with. No, not at all
- It doesn't really matter what the weather is like either... rain, hail or shine
- Ladies do 'sweat'. Ladies don't just 'glisten'...
Wish me luck!! Blogging will be my reward for all the hard work so I still pledge to write everyday...
Ciao for now