Thursday 27 January 2011

Blogger Awards...


 I have been honoured by receiving these awards from Trish at A Dream House For Trish. Thank you so very much! Have you popped in to see Trish at her beautiful site? She has an amazing blog.  It is great to learn a few more things about one of my favourite bloggers so thank you Trish!!!

So, I need to tell you 7 things about me and then pass the awards on to some fellow bloggers. Okay, here it goes:

1. I read magazines and the newspaper from the back to the front. Always. I am disciplined when it comes to novels thought. Just the regular way..

2. I was born at home in England rather than in a hospital. My Mum was drinking coffee and put it down to have me. Very civilized apparently. The house we were living in was reported to be haunted...

3. If any of my family hurt themselves, I get this dreadful feeling in the pit of my stomach. Doesn't matter if it is a scratch or a broken wing...  My friend who used to work in both Intensive Care and Emergency, fainted when her husband broke his collar bone! Yet I am fine if someone I don't love is injured.

4. I used to watch horror film after horror film!!! U-n-t-i-l the night I watched 'The Pet Cemetery' by Stephen King (1989) and I had nightmares for w-e-e-k-s. I haven't watched a horror movie since and even suggesting scary stuff to me at night sees me up a-l-l night having nightmares... The Silver Fox used to think it was funny, until he spent many a sleepless night with me. Now he will turn off anything remotely spooky.
Ada and Darcy

5. This year I am determined to do a course in soft furnishings to learn properly how to do mitred corners, button holes, put in zippers and piping. The r-e-a-l way, not just my way... Wish me luck!
Handy with a can of Mortein...

6. I once had to drive, in my pyjamas late at night, across town to a Pizza Hut carpark to kill a spider that was in my sister's car. She begged and pleaded with me as she has quite a fear and could not drive until it was dead and gone. Am I not a great sister?
Nachos

7. I have 'Corn Chip Anxiety' from working in a Mexican restaurant for 3 years whilst going through University. Do you know how many people choke on corn chips? Heaps!!! Probably due to their sharp corners. To this day if I hear someone choking, my pulse rises and I am ready for action.  Any where, any time. When my sister used to give her small children corn chips I would have to leave the room. We do eat corn chips but there will always, always, be a caution from me to 'take your time', 'chew properly'...

Now, if you are still awake after all that I would like to pass this award on to 7 people:

Thisisme from Southamsdarling
Elements at Elements at Home
Melissah at Scrapbook


 Ciao for now...


 

11 comments:

  1. Martha - well, there I was reading your post, being really interested as usual, and, imagine my surprise, when I came across my Blog!! That is really sweet of you. Thank you so much. I really do appreciate it. Congratulations on YOUR Awards by the way. You deserve them. I always enjoy reading your Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New pic Thisisme? N-i-c-e. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so engrossed in your facts about your life . . . scarry movies, and chip anxiety etc. that I almost missed the end.

    What a lovely and generous surprise, Martha, that you have awarded my blog with two awards. How sweet. And I will happily pass the awards on. I like that a lot.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog as well.

    Enjoy your award.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to get to know more about you! Interesting fact about corn chips! And you sound like a fab sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Martha. It's me again! I just wanted to let you know that I will be accepting the Award that you kindly gave me, on Saturday. (I already have two posts scheduled). I didn't want you to think that I had forgotten about it - as if I would!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely Martha, Thanks for my award I will post about my award very soon....Thanks so much.
    You have inspired me to look into some short courses that may be of interest also.
    xK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award Martha. And you are definitely the best sister - above and beyond sisterly duties! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh cool, i just wouldn't think to offer my children corn chips, not until they were like 10?? Ditto for chips (sorry, seeing you were born in England, i mean 'crisps'). Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post Martha! I'm so with you on number three. I get the exact same feeling (as does my Mum) when someone I love is hurt. I feel it right down low in my stomach. Even if I see a scratch on my child! I'm hopeless if they ever have to go to hospital. My husband deals with it most of the time.
    Congratulations on your award!
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations martha, its fun to learn these things about you. First up, can I adopt you as my sister to, spiders really cause me a lot of stress. I cant wait to see some of your perfectly sewn projects after you finish your course.
    Cheers xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can relate with regards with choking while eating those nacho chips. Funny but true. Thanks Martha!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails