I have been honoured by receiving these awards from Trish at A Dream House For Trish. Thank you so very much! Have you popped in to see Trish at her beautiful site? She has an amazing blog. It is great to learn a few more things about one of my favourite bloggers so thank you Trish!!!
So, I need to tell you 7 things about me and then pass the awards on to some fellow bloggers. Okay, here it goes:
1. I read magazines and the newspaper from the back to the front. Always. I am disciplined when it comes to novels thought. Just the regular way..
2. I was born at home in England rather than in a hospital. My Mum was drinking coffee and put it down to have me. Very civilized apparently. The house we were living in was reported to be haunted...
3. If any of my family hurt themselves, I get this dreadful feeling in the pit of my stomach. Doesn't matter if it is a scratch or a broken wing... My friend who used to work in both Intensive Care and Emergency, fainted when her husband broke his collar bone! Yet I am fine if someone I don't love is injured.
4. I used to watch horror film after horror film!!! U-n-t-i-l the night I watched 'The Pet Cemetery' by Stephen King (1989) and I had nightmares for w-e-e-k-s. I haven't watched a horror movie since and even suggesting scary stuff to me at night sees me up a-l-l night having nightmares... The Silver Fox used to think it was funny, until he spent many a sleepless night with me. Now he will turn off anything remotely spooky.
|Ada and Darcy|
5. This year I am determined to do a course in soft furnishings to learn properly how to do mitred corners, button holes, put in zippers and piping. The r-e-a-l way, not just my way... Wish me luck!
|Handy with a can of Mortein...|
6. I once had to drive, in my pyjamas late at night, across town to a Pizza Hut carpark to kill a spider that was in my sister's car. She begged and pleaded with me as she has quite a fear and could not drive until it was dead and gone. Am I not a great sister?
7. I have 'Corn Chip Anxiety' from working in a Mexican restaurant for 3 years whilst going through University. Do you know how many people choke on corn chips? Heaps!!! Probably due to their sharp corners. To this day if I hear someone choking, my pulse rises and I am ready for action. Any where, any time. When my sister used to give her small children corn chips I would have to leave the room. We do eat corn chips but there will always, always, be a caution from me to 'take your time', 'chew properly'...
Now, if you are still awake after all that I would like to pass this award on to 7 people:
Sarah at Ah, the possibilities
Glenda at Gg-Notes on the Journey
Thisisme from Southamsdarling
Elements at Elements at Home
Jen at Slumber Designs
Melissah at Scrapbook
Belle at Belle Inspirations
Ciao for now...