Thursday 13 January 2011

What To Say?...



There doesn't seem much to say today. My thoughts are with family and friends in Brisbane. It is so strange that 1/2 of them are not affected and the other half have been evacuated with water gushing through their beautiful homes... My thoughts are with you all. The Silver Fox is going up for the weekend  to help help his brother clean up after 5 foot of water filled his downstairs and garden.....

I will say a big thank you to the volunteers for risking their lives to help others. I will always marvel at the Australian spirit aswell...



Ciao for now 

just Martha

6 comments:

  1. Your husband is a good man, wishing your family all the best!! My husband is trying to get to Brisbane, he's stuck in Coffs Harbour & may not get through for days. I'm going to Sydney to see if i can meet him half way. When you're spending anoter 2 years apart, every day counts. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over here in England, our hearts go out to all those in Australia who are suffering at the moment. It must be horrendous. All the people really seem to be pulling together to help each other as much as they can. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all just too much. Let's hope today brings some good news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good on you silver fox!
    this really is time where we who are not flooded out need to throw in our support to others and not ignore the inspiration for life that is in abundance at this very time. I am in awe of my fellow Australians, the tenacity and determination and the kindness that is always present in any situation.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine the clean up task that faces so many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share your sentiments, Martha. However, I am heartened by A-M's latest post. Fingers crossed for her. J x

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails