Today is my 21st wedding anniversary. How darn exciting!!! It seems quite strange really to think all those years have passed by. They have gone rather quickly. I have sent the Silver Fox a little gift box up to where he is working and a mushy card. You know 'To My Darling Husband'... sort of thing. Not my usual choice but it felt right with him being so far away. He will love it. I hope it gets there in time. Should do. A little part of me was hoping that he would fly home as a surprise. I still do. He was told me he is flying to Mt Isa today. So I am a bit hopeful it could be a ruse and he will appear at the front door tonight. But. He could actually be flying to Mt Isa for real.
I got married young and am please that I made such a great choice when I was at an age where I didn't really think too far ahead. It has been a pleasure watching the Silver Fox grow into the amazing person he is today. He has had a few career changes on the way and it a very clever fellow. We are not a lovey-dovey couple but our eyes will lock in a crowded room and we will smile at each other and we are connected. Let me tell you a few things about the Silver fox:
- He does a perfect Mrs Doubtfire impression
- He hates peas with a passion. H-a-t-es them. A little innocent pea... Go figure
- Dogs love him.
- He is an amazing singer, who won't really sing!
- He loves cheesecake and will often eat the leftovers for breakfast
- He is very good in an emergency. Once our car caught fire and I was off running down the road whilst he calmly fixed it and called me back.
- He gets called McGuiver because there is nothing he can't fix with a piece of string and some chewing gum
- He also does an Elvis impersonation too but tends to go on and on for days until I give him 'the look'
- He doesn't watch cricket
Ciao for now...