Not me - Miss T. She wrote me a note on why she should have Facebook. There were 11 points as follows:
11 Reasons why I should get f.b.
1. Because everybody has it
2. The fisrt person I'll add will be u
3. I'll make all the privacy settings
4. you and I or Dad can discuss the hours i go on
5. I'd like to keep in touch with Darcy, she has it
6. Em, Lozza, Bills, Chelsea, Jess they have it
7. I will follow any rules you give me
8. I could put down your email so you see everything I do
9. I will only add people I know
10. I will be more responsible
11. I will be completely fine with your answer, especially if it is yes :)
When the kiddies were little and wanted something, I would say "give me 5 good reasons why you should..." or "7 good reasons why..." whatever it was. Who knew that it actually rubbed off!
I am impressed with Miss T's logic, her passion and her initiative. I haven't given her an answer yet but heck, if she is going to follow all these rules by herself the answer will probably be yes. I need to sit her down and talk to her though about study, priorities and responsibility. And it will give me mass leverage should she step out of line. It has been some time now since the Great Phone Debacle of 2011 ($300 over her monthly plan, eek!!) and she showed great maturity in paying off a set amount with her birthday and pocket money.
So, I might just let her. Will discuss it with the Silver Fox although he has only just learned to email so the implications of social networking might be a bit foreign to him at present until he catches up a little. What would you do?
Ciao for now...