Thursday 23 June 2011

Owl Fetish...

See that beautiful tree from Otekah



My owl fetish continues

I only recently discovered I have an owl fetish and they make my heart sing. My heavenly sister went to Disney World in Florida recently with her family and brought me back this gorgeous Hedwig. It was very generous but my sister is like that. This soft owl now completes my little corner in my bedroom. It is actually a puppet with a head that turns and it makes heavenly 'owl-y' sounds. I'm in love. The beautiful tree holding my recently purchased Elk jewellery, is from Otekah in Tasmania. Isn't it lovely?

Do you collect anything?



 Ciao for now...


 

4 comments:

  1. Babushkas of course, but also partial to an owl, bird & all that is gorgeous. I went to Disneyworld in year 10 on a school excursion, it was so much fun, imagine that on Christmas day with your favourite 30 friends??!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too collect owls [ever since I was little] and feathers [more recent times] but as I look around my office I think my most long-standing collection would be of books - nothing special, just lots of them.

    Your little parliament of owls looks very happy in your bedroom and I can imagine Hedwig being a treasure that you'll enjoy for many years to come.

    I used to have an amazing owl puppet that had a swivelling head and eyes that blinked when I pulled a little lever inside his head.
    His name was Oracle and I would delight the little children in the classes that I visited by asking them a question, if they gave a particularly clever answer Oracle would wink at them = priceless!

    Happy day!

    xx Felicity

    PS: By chance I move my little parliament of owls into my robe just before I received a lovely Elk parcel from a special someone and now they too are living side-by-side. x F

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finding myself becoming an owl person of late ;) I'm drawn to them in the shops and think I might have to take the plunge and buy one soon!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog today - all is well here. Been slack updating due to lack of "proper" internet which will be rectified next Tuesday - woot!

    Have a fab weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Martha, I'm so delighted to see your little tree there - a brilliant purchase! So pleased you're enjoying it. J x

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails