Thursday 18 August 2011

Food Mood...


Miss T is learning about healthy eating at school and 'Sir' is teaching her the realities about the works of food and health. This is where I notice my influence slipping. Some wise Mummies told me that when they go to High School they are forever changed. I would have to agree with this. It isn't deadly obvious but kind of subliminal. Slowly as if by stealth her outside world is having more influence.

Now, this is the thing. I am involved in food. It is part of my job. I can read side panels on food products. I can tell you the carbohydrate, fat, sodium... I relate everything to a slice of bread. Okay, okay, maybe I am no fun to be around when I point out that a particular takeaway meals may have the fat content for 3 days worth of food. But. Now Miss T is learning the same thing with her lovely teacher. And she is listening. Thriving even. 'did you know...' she will say. 'really' I will say. 'imagine that'. See, I am a good Mummy. I could sprout on and on. But. Let's listen to Sir shall we?

I am currently drinking a chai latte prepared cuppa which equals 15 grams of carbohydrate. This equals 1 slice of bread. I wonder if Sir would agree?

Ciao for now......

Just Martha

Posted via IPad

1 comment:

  1. Oh so true and oh so funny thanks for sharing you made my morning. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails