Well, this week marks the second anniversary of this blog Jelly Shane.
Gosh that time has gone so quickly? I guess it is a time to reflect, a time to ponder and a time to plan. What has life been like with blogging in it?
Let me see:
- I began blogging because my posts were being stifled on Facebook. I kept having to reduce the words down, down, down to fit the word limit. It frustrated me no end because I had things to say. So Jelly Shane was born
- The name Jelly Shane has been a nickname of mine all my life and was given to me by my Dad.
- I like to do this blogging a bit incognito and judging by the trouble some bloggers have had, it is not a bad idea to stick to.
- Blogging gives me an outlet to speak and to share words of wisdom. I am passionate about women being positive about themselves, taking time for themselves and seeing themselves for the wondrous beings they are. There is an epidemic of low self esteem in the world and it undermines all that can be attained by focusing on the unachievable. Why can society dictate how tall, thin, young, wrinkle free we should be?
- I blog to sort my thoughts, to de-stress and to share.
- The blogging world is full of amazing, motivating, clever, inspiring people
- Distance bears no impact as connections are made all over the word
- I have my favourite blogs I like to visit but is is also lovely to visit favourite blogger's favourite blogs. If you know what I mean
- I love reading comments and seeing that list of followers steadily grow
- I know short posts are easier for everyone to read but sometimes I have a lot to say
- Sometimes I think my posts just ramble and not give this blog a specific direction to focus on but I guess that is the joy of being the author hey?
I think this occasion calls for a giveaway and Rachael from A Room For Everyone has kindly offered some gifts for you to win to mark this special time. If you haven't popped in to see Rachael, have a peek and here is a direct link to her gorgeous shop "gidgi'shop". Rachael's blog is one to follow and she is one of my favourites. So, here are two gorgeous products. A Green Gate Stonewear Utensil Jar in Fay White and a Green Gate Tea Towel in Garden White:
|Green Gate tea Towel in Garden White|
|Green Gate Stonewear Utensil Jar in Fay White|
Okay so here are the rules for the giveaway. Become a follower of Jelly Shane and leave a comment about why you blog or why you like to read blogs. If you are already a follower, just leave me your lovely comment. The giveaway will be drawn near the end of July.
Ciao for now...