Tuesday 14 August 2012

Becci from Birdy Num Num has tagged me for the Leibster Blog Award. Yay!!



The Leibster Blog Award wants me to supply 11 facts about myself as well as to answer some questions the Becci nominated. So, here goes:

11 Facts About Moi:
  1. I can write backwards with my left hand and forwards with my right hand at the same time
  2. I can only tolerate the Silver Fox' "duff duff" music for about 30 minutes before I want to kill him. True
  3. I used to play the clarinet but can hardly get a squeak out of it now. Geez I must have been fit back then
  4. I  am a stickler for a straight parting in people's hair. A crooked one makes me think "what a shame it is spoilt..."
  5. I love to make cheesecakes: baked, lemon, blueberry... but don't actually like them much
  6. I sleep walk and sleep talk frequently and m-a-y-have been known to shout at the top of my lungs "my head is stuck, pull me back", whilst lying in bed and asleep. Okay, I m-a-y have woken the whole house and frightened the dog but they should be used to it by now. Shouldn't they? (I have h-e-a-p-s of stories like this. One involves a coat hanger and a barbeque... I know, I should seek help)
  7. I hate my pegs getting wet so never leave them on the line. Never
  8. Spiders don't worry me but show my a big grasshopper and I am out of there at high speed!
  9. My favourite sound in the whole world is standing on crunchy bark from a gum tree and hearing it crackle under my feet
  10. I h-a-t-e to sit on a public toilet that is warm from the last visitor. Gross!
  11. I am addicted to white chocolate coated raspberry bullets. I try to stop at 6 but alas.... I even put them in the freezer to a) hide them from myself and b) make them so hard and chewy that they take ages to eat. Neither point works very well so I don't buy them unless I have been r-e-a-l-l-y good

Here are the questions from Becci:
1. Did you suck your thumb as a child? Nope

2. Did you achieve the career/job of your childhood dreams? Not really. I set out to be an air hostess so I did nursing to give me an advantage. I haven't left nursing yet.

3. Did you ever have a dream that came true? Not that I can remember. I do dream in colour though

4. What's your favourite biscuit? I can never resist a good old shortbread

5. What's your party trick? hmm, last party I went to the sole of my shoe came half unstuck which made walking very entertaining to others

6. Hugh Grant or Hugh Jackman? Hugh Grant because I love that slightly disheveled, scatty English persona

7. Favourite present ever received? A Uber Kate "Mother and Child" necklace from my family. It has my little family's names on it and is so very special

8. Best present every given? I gave my mother glamour photo shots after she was diagnosed with breast cancer and she had finished her treatment. They were beautiful

9. Best physical feature? I really like my elbows and the shape of my forearms. Weird huh?

10. Which age did you enjoy the most? I think my late 30s because you know who you are, are comfortable it your own skin and won't put up with rubbish

11. Favourite song of all time? Wild West by The Escape Club


So now you know a little bit more about me. I need to tag a few of you too so play if you can:


Belle Inspirations

Living In The Moment

Pearl Meringue

Elements At Home

The Life of Charming Moments By Miss Prudence Knits

Okay, so, you need to answer 11 facts about yourself, plus the following 11 questions I ask:
  1. Favourite candle scent?
  2. What is your favourite meal if you could eat anything?
  3. What is your favourite perfume?
  4. What are you fanatical about?
  5. What was your favourite sport to watch in the Olympics?
  6. What is your dream holiday?
  7. Tell me one thing on your bucket list
  8. Finish this sentence... "If I had a magic wand, I would..."
  9. What is your favourite season and why?
  10. What do you see when you look in the mirror?
  11. If you had 20 minutes to yourself, what would you really enjoy doing?
So, a bit of fun



Ciao for now...

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, impressed by fact number 1 and as for no. 5, if you need to get rid of that supply of cheesecakes, I'm your woman! As for no. 8, I'm the same. I freak out when there is a grasshopper around but I usually have to get rid of the spiders for my husband. Thanks for playing Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all, Martha. You are such a hoot. Want to send me some of your yummy cheesecakes?! J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Martha, your definately full of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha just wanted to thankyou for the gorgeous gift that arrived, they're just Beautiful! I'm thankful and honoured to have won your beautiful and generous prize. Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails