Sunday 2 September 2012

Etched In Glass....




My,parents had this made for me one birthday. It is a block of glass with my children's faces etches within, highlighted by a platform lit from below.

I love it. It is stunningly accurate, the spitting image of my children four years ago. You can see Master T's twinkle in his eye, bordering on potential mutiny at having to sit still for so long. Miss T is her 10 year old self, forever.



I have this beautiful art sitting in my family room, surrounded by other photos of my children. As you can see.



Aaah, a forever keepsake I think.

Ciao for now



just Martha


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Hi Martha . What a stunning piece of etched glass that is, and I love how you have it displayed with those beautiful photos of your children. A gift to be treasured forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really cool and beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to capture a moment in time to remember. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift idea!! Popping over from POTMC.

    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! That is such a personal and beautiful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Martha I missed this delightful idea. How fabulous - no wonder you treasure it so. Any idea where they had it made? Thanks so much for linking up with the POTMC. J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is supper Etched glass, That was really cool and lovely glass. Thanks for sharing nice information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's my pleasure to see this page about etched glass, actually this is a great kind of craft perfect to this coming Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails