Sunday 13 October 2013

just Making a Point...




Laundry

This weekend I am pressing a point. To Miss T's disadvantage.

To make a point

Look, I'm a busy girl. I s-q-u-e-e-z-e things in. I like to be organised. I do an exercise class at 5 am so I can still be at work on time. I wash, cook, clean, work, shop (cue violins...)

I am not unusual I know but like to get things done. Tick that box. For example on Friday by 7.15am I had already done a bike class, a personal training session and walked the dog and was settling down to a cup of coffee. Tick, tick, tick.

So, I have a rule. All washing needs to be in the laundry by Friday night. Not on top of the laundry chute, not strewn all over bedroom floors but physically put down the chute to be washed. I have the first load done by 6am (pre-programmed the machine) and can have 2 loads out by 7am then I saunter off to my bootcamp session at the gym that goes for 90 minutes. By the time I get back I can hang out my third load, put on the fourth... you get the picture.

Tick, tick, tick.

Reading back I sound like a martyr. And that I have a bit of OCD. My point is I like to be organised then I can relax too. I like to bring it all in, fold, fold, fold, sort, sort, sort, iron later and relax over the rest of the day. I don't want to spend all my time doing chores. I like a tidy house. It keeps me sane. And I only wash on a Saturday. (Yep, a lot of OCD apparently)

So, which teenager decided to put l-o-a-d-s of washing down the chute on Saturday evening? School clothes included.

So Sunday saw her:

  • Sorting
  • Putting on the washing
  • Hanging them out
  • Bringing them in 
  • Folding
  • Ironing
  • and putting away


Bit of a drag really. In the middle of all this we dropped the Silver Fox at the train. And she couldn't catch up with her friend until it was all done. Awww, poor thing.

My point? Would she rather just drop the clothes down the laundry chute on a Friday night?







Ciao for now...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails