Thursday 8 January 2015

End of an Era...




The picture above is of our wall in the kitchen that we have used as a guide for about 9 years to monitor the progress of growth of the then Kids, Tweenies and Teenies.

It holds many memories of hope, of laughter when tippy toes were secretly used and awe at growth spurts.

Well

Today it was painted over so all we have left is this photo. Master T is now taller than the Silver Fox and Miss T seems to have stopped at just slightly taller than me.

As I previously mentioned we have decided to sell if we get the right price and build again. We want choices with the Silver Fox having the confidence to say "no" to being sent away without a big mortgage hanging over him like a halo of responsibility influencing his decision based on security.

So, the last few weeks have been all action, action, action with early mornings, late nights and overdue projects being attended. As we speak the Silver Fox is tiling the path to the front door ( which are being rather uncooperative and sliding down the incline - as told by the handy helper Master T) We have cleaned, de-molded, gone to the tip, cleaned pools, planted plants, spread bark, washed windows, put up shelves... The list has been endless, our energy is spent and we still slog on...

I have culled and packed as we have gone. My pantry is a shadow of its former, cluttered self and I have been ruthless people - ruthless I tell you.

On a side note, what's with washing windows? Not for the OCD of heart that is for sure. Those smears! A very thankless task especially as it has rained on And off since! I have new respect for the profession.

So, before we can plan for a new build we need to complete this to the very last detail. I have told the Silver Fox that I don't intend to sell at all, that it is just a ploy to get everything finished. Hahaha!

So, I may not vacuum every day like my mother used to in 'the day' but she would be very proud of my efforts. I know I would receive a 'you could eat off that floor' which is high praise indeed!

ciao for now


just Martha xx


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I am exhausted just reading this! I am sure this year will provide great things for you all. Scary decsions are BRAVE decisions!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails