Wednesday 11 August 2010

"Perfume - Oh, You Shouldn't Have (I mean, really, you shouldn't have)!"

My Mother has a passion for Bulgari Blu perfume. She loves it. A lot. I mean ... alot. I mean l-o-v-e-s it. A lot. The problem is LJ (sister) and I don't. At all. Not at all. We don't h-a-t-e it but if we ever did love it, we don't now. Why? Why do I sound so awful? Well, its just that, well, for the past few years, it is the only present we get from my Mother - birthdays, Christmases, 'thinking of you' presents.... Oh, I tell a lie. Once I took Mum shopping to buy me a Country Road voucher for my Christmas and she gave it to my sister! AND, gave me a bottle of, you guessed it, Bulgari Blu! Oh, how I roared with laughter. For ages. Sorry. Am I sounding a bit crazy and just slightly ungrateful? It is just that I am the proud owner of....................... 8 bottles of the stuff. LJ is slightly less and 7ish. It has become a sisterly joke. It might be our defense mechanism in our denial of facing the inevitable, or,......................... it might just be quite funny.

My parents recently went to my sister's for a visit and Mum took down a present for her. You guessed it............... Bulgari Blu!!! I received a text that day. Oh, look, we aren't rude to Mum who is being very thoughtful. And kind. It's just, well, no more please. Ever. At all. Please......... We have taken it to a new level though. Well, I did. You see when my sister went home that Christmas, she took a little something with her, unknowingly................. A bottle of BB (As we fondly call it). In her luggage. Hidden. In a pair of shoes................. I was so excited at the thought of her unpacking. And finding it. And laughing hysterically.  And ringing me, laughing. Drat!!! She found it before she left. How rude, spoiling my fun. Since then however, we have been sneaking bottles in coat jackets in Summer knowing they will be found months later in Winter. Once my Mum voiced that she was running out of her favourite perfume and, thoughtful daughter that I am, I just happened to have a bottle on hand to give her. And I declined her kind offer of payment. "Oh no Mum, it's my pleasure' I said. I even gave her the biggest bottle I had!! Kind am I not?

We are at the re-gifting stage but do explain the history of the gift and welcome our friends to our little 'club'. I have a friend who does a similar thing with her sisters and 'roosters'. Now, the stories she could tell.... However, I sure when Mum has gone, we will still be hiding our BB, laughing  and remembering her with love. I am sure she will find it funny too and have a chuckle......... As you know I have just come back from my sister's..... Hey LJ, good luck finding it this time. You won't find it for a l-o-n-g time!!!!! Is that a clue? or isn't it?


Ciao for now

just Martha

2 comments:

  1. Such a funny post! I don't think I've ever smelled this perfume before. Now you have my curiosity up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Poppies!! Let me see, I might just have a bottle lying around here I could send you.... no trouble at all really..... Let me know....

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails