Thursday 18 November 2010

Plastic? Not thanks...


I have a gorgeous friend who recently went to investigate the world of beauty enhancement, of concealment, of camouflage.... She was very excited! She decided that she would like to get something done to her top lip to reduce the wrinkles. So off she went to a popular clinic that advertises continuously. She sat down is the fancy room, awaiting her consultation. She checked out the brochures. She waited. She thought a little dermabrasion would do the trick. Nope. It wouldn't. It was suggested that she had fillers and botox to relax the area. Girls were marched through who had had similar procedures done. Apart from hearing the dollar signs chinking together, a little light bulb started to gently glow behind her eyes. It got brighter and brighter. 'Oh oh', she thought. 'This is not for me' she said. 'I will lose who I am. I will lose the very essence of what it is to be me'.  She looked around and saw Barbie Dolls. Everywhere. No wrinkles. No expressions... She is a very expressive lady. She uses her hands and her looks to convey meaning. She was out of there!......



Ciao for now 

just Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails