Wednesday 1 December 2010

Favourite Decoration...

This is my most precious decoration...


Partridge in a Pear tree

Both sides...



















My gorgeous neighbour, three houses ago made this for me. We did ceramics together and her work was so fine and delicate. My work was big and bold and slap-happy. She spent ages sanding and painting. The detail, the outlining. Anyone who has done ceramics knows that if you don't use enough paint it will be streaky. Not this decoration. Perfect! Made with love. For me. It is my absolute favourite and only I can touch it. It is always placed at the top of the tree, away from inquisitive hands but within easy viewing. My dear neighbour and friend took a-g-e-s painting and glazing and it is my all time special treasure.  I a-d-o-r-e it. Even though I hardly see my friend, she is always in my heart. As true friends are...
Do you have a favourite decoration and why?...

***Check out Monday's post and join in in my giveaway....***

Ciao for now


just Martha

4 comments:

  1. It is lovely and because I have also done ceramics in the past, I can appreciate the effort involved. My meaningful decorations are usually the ones the kids bring home from pre-school and school. I especially love a hand print in clay one. All keepers! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. like you, i too love the decorations that have special significance and meaning. Each of mine has a story and carries a treasured memory...and each year they find pride of place on my tree...as I linger on how blessed I am ...

    Dearest Martha, you have inspired me get my tree up...and all that goes with it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous and very precious..I love the Hallmark ones too. I have some I bought for my girls when they were babies but I've put them away as I'm scared they'll break them before they can be put on their own trees! Bit silly really..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just beautiful and how lovely it was created just for you. I have a couple of FACS, one is a decoration my mother in law bought for me from one of our favorite shops...the scandanavian shop in Brisbane when it closed...very sad and another is one my second son made, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails