Tuesday 15 March 2011

Dear Me...

Image
 If you could stand in a room with yourself at 18, what would you say to you? What would you like the 18 year old you to know? This is not a new concept but one that you may have to think about before you answer. What words of wisdom would you say that you wish you had known at that age? Hmmm, very deep for a Tuesday isn't it? But worth exploring I think. You might need time to answer fully but what comes to mind now?

Me? 
'Have more fun. Set aside time to achieve and then time for some fun. You are a bit too serious at your age. Your body is beautiful. Believe me. You have nothing to feel uptight about. People are not judging you as harshly as you judge yourself. Your beautiful Aunt has not long to live so although you are kind to her, go that extra step and make more time. You are going to miss her and she will be your guardian angel. The 80's were harsh fashion-wise so take my word that n-o-o-n-e really looked good with spiral perms and shoulder pads. Above all - stop worrying about everything. You have a great life with wonderful family and friends. It all works out...

Okay, now it is your turn. What would you want to say to your 18 year old self?...


 Ciao for now...
 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, very thought provoking. I'd love to go back and do a few things differently but every decision I made led me to my lovely life now :) I would definately go out more, be kinder to myself and NOT get that spiral perm xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm....knowing you Jelly Shane, the Aunty bit - so get that - she was a one in a million, the big darling with the jam tarts. Spiral Perm...hmmmm, nothing wrong with looking like a poodle and having to get the "do" cut out as the perm didn't drop...! However...I would say....visit Granny more often and saviour the moments because she was more than wonderful in childhood.....dont drive my sissy crazy with unofficial clothing borrowing and stick to my own wardrobe....feel fabulous, confident and on cloud 9 at the age that is wasted on the youth, without any wrinkles, grey hair or a mother nagging fish wife voice that I would be yet to experience....not only enjoy thinking of being a famous radio announcer or actor but actually give it a crack, do not drink Carrington Blush it is evil....take more photos, love more, laugh more.....and just be happy being me. But you know what....the 18 year old who loved her sister, adores her and treasures her more than at 18, so there are benefits to ageing... x.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails