Friday 1 April 2011

Happiness...

Image

Happiness...
Are you happy? Are you a glass 'half full' or 'half empty' sort of person? What do you think about happiness? Who is responsible for your happiness? You? Others? Back to a thinking post dear bloggers. Thinking about you and your happiness.

I had a person in my life who wasn't really happy and relied on others to make them happy. Even as a small child I thought that this was a terrible responsibility. To make someone happy. For someone to be that dependent on you for their happiness. I used to try to make my person happy but it seemed to be very difficult, as if the rules kept changing but no-one told me. Looking back with adult eyes I realized that I was very astute in my observations. Oh don't get me wrong, it didn't destroy my life, but rather it made me aware. And determined. Determined to be responsible for myself. Determined that if I am not happy, it is up to me to do something about it. Me. Not whinge and whine but to change something myself. I do, probably always have. As a kid though I probably didn't appreciate how complex an adult's life can be but still I stand by my decision. I am responsible for my own happiness

Enough about me... what about you? Do you like your own company? Can you be by yourself and love it? Do you need constant entertaining, constant company?....  Do you view happiness as a destination rather than a journey? Do you think... 'if only I had a new iphone then I would be happy?' or do you take time to nurture your soul every day? I think happiness is a state of mind, like seeing the glass half full.

Just getting you to think about things dear bloggers. Want some thinking music?


Ciao for now...
 

2 comments:

  1. Tea and macaroons always makes me happy! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me know that you have been to one of my favourite spas.. It's so nice to know others have stumbled across this small paradise... and listened to the sound of the running water...watched the dragons sitting by the rocks or eyeing up a piece of fruit or just experiencing being in a complete state of relaxation :)

    I also agree that happiness comes from within and that buying happiness is not sustainable. Some of the poorest people I have had the pleasure of spending time with on my travels have also been the happiest of people!

    Great food for thought in such a stressed out world we now live in!

    Have fun, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails