Tuesday 21 June 2011

Invisible...

Image


 I was talking to a friend of mine the other day. We were talking about feeling invisible. Do you ever feel invisible. She has. I have. I am sure we all have at some point. Do you know what I mean? Well. You are present, but no one r-e-a-l-l-y sees you or, r-e-a-l-l-y hears what you are saying. Have you ever had that happen? I'm not sure why. Maybe people are too busy, maybe their minds are too full of babble to listen properly. Maybe their lives are too frenetic to see and listen. Not to the words exactly but what you are trying to say. Not being heard, really heard.

Communication is more that just words isn't it? It is being present, giving your full attention. Taking time to totally understand. I wonder what troubles today's generation will get in to as they shortcut their way through communicating. We will see. What about you? Do you ever feel invisible and if so, what do you do about it? Does this observation come with being more aware of yourself and life around you? I'm not sure...

To me, my friend is not invisible. She lights up a room with her smile and sees the positive in everything. She also has one of those hearty laughs. A-n-d she is very passionate about reading and writing and talking... Nope. Not invisible to me. 


Back to deep and meaningful folks. Let me know what you think...



Ciao for now...




 

2 comments:

  1. Snap!

    I come to learn that living in a house with teenagers is a great way to become invisible.
    There are many times when I feel like Marge talking to Homer on the Simpsons where I'll be explaining or requesting something and I'll be getting nods but I just know they are hearing "Blah, blah, blah!"

    This is why it's so important t surround ourselves with people who really see us and know us for who we are. Who nurture and celebrate our special qualities and allow us to share and receive joy.

    Who knows, one day the teenagers may be amongst these people too!

    xx Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh people do not know what they are missing if they make you feel invisible. I would say the only time i feel invisible would be shopping for my tweens in cool shops where the useless sales assistants have no clue that i have 4 children who need clothes from their store & i have money - yet i'm ignored & they are ignorant. I will not buy from a store with shitty service i just won't. Appreciate i have walked in & even considered purchasing anything from your shop. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails