Thursday 22 September 2011

Connections...

Image

Do you feel connected? To your family, your friends... yourself? Hmmm, can be an issue can't it? I like to be creative about connections and am a firm believer in 'it is the thought that counts' type of concept. Let me tell you a little story. Or 2...

There was a Mummy and her adult daughter, (also a Mummy), who lived far apart but were very close. Now the Mummy went and got herself the big 'c' and never to do things by halves, she required surgery, chemo a-n-d radiation as treatments, all in a row. Now the daughter was b-e-s-i-d-e herself with role conflict. She had her work and her family to look after but really wanted to be there for her Mother. She was also in the medical field so had an idea or two of actual and potential issues her Mummy might face. (Are you keeping up? There are a few mummies in this story). Also being in the medial field I am so very aware of family supports, stress and health so I wanted to do something to easily connect these two beautiful women going through a tough time. I bought them each a 'tea for one' set, plain white, which they opened together. The idea being that when they were apart, they could easily think of each other whilst doing something relaxing like have a cup of tea. And they did. And it was relaxing. But the point is they were connected. Easily with just a little lateral thinking. Now I take no credit for her wonderful recovery but it was an easy way to show that others are thinking of them, offering support and helping the sisterhood to remain connected despite the fact that lives get in the way.

I did a post some time ago about the moon and that we all look at the same moon. The point was that with girl power we could direct kind thoughts to the moon and those needing kind thoughts could receive them as simply as looking up into the sky at night and asking for them. Girl power indeed. I think this is a way of keeping us all connected and after the success of the R U OK? campaign, I think a lot of us need such a connection. Even those you might not suspect. (Thinking of you my sweet friend...)

My sister is coming for a few days over the school holidays and even though we have the best intentions, the kiddies haven't seen each other all year. Plus, my darling sister and I planned to have a couple of nights together every year. And we did. 4 years ago. So, i am determined to enjoy our time together plus keep us connected so I have bought just her and I a little present. The same. So we can use it and think of each other. i won't tell you what it is because she is my biggest fan (or atleast she better be...) but I will share of photo or two after the event.

So, why don't you think about the girls in your life and think of something to strengthen those everyday bonds. I doesn't need to cost much. Something that says 'I love you', or 'I am thinking of you'? Time is fleeting and i am a big fan of appreciating the every day...





 Ciao for now...

 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and inspiring post. Have a lovely time with your sister. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I needed to read today, Martha. You little beauty! J x

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails