Thursday 20 October 2011

A Strength Within..


How strong are you? In character? Can you achieve what you want to achieve? Can you set your mind to do something.... And do it? Are you determined as a person?

Do you talk yourself into things to try... Or out of things?

What kind of self talk do you practice daily? Do you tell yourself you can do something... Or you can't?

Self talk is a very powerful thing. If you tell yourself you can't do something, do you think you will be able to do it? Do you notice when you talk to yourself? 'I can't afford that', 'I won't be able to do that'.

I recently had the opportunity, within my new '12 Week Challenge', to run a 10 m fun run raising money for cancer research. Now, you might know, that I have been on a journey to health. Part of my initial assessment is to run 2 km and to be honest I find that difficult. How on earth was I going to run 10-freaking-kms? I have never run that far. Ever.

It was my choice to do it or not. So. I did. I chose to tell myself I would give it a go because how would I know otherwise what I could do? So, armed with my iPod, off I went. 15 others from my group also did it. Some beginners and some advanced in fitness.

Now, it might have helped that the run was at Byron Bay. Did I forget to mention that? The day was gorgeous and the run commenced at 7am. My music was very motivating. I ran up to the lighthouse assisted by A Flock of Seagulls singing 'I Ran'. I also was helped by a bit of Michael Jackson and Scissor Sisters.

I did it.

In 1 hr and 21 minutes. Those fit in my group did it in around 1 hour so I feel quite elated by the fact that I wasn't too far behind. Considering.

I was quite teary at the end. I am proud of me for having a go.

I even had a lot of fun too.

Who would have thought?

So, now I know. What next I wonder?




Ciao for now......


Just Martha

Posted via IPad

8 comments:

  1. You are BRILLIANT!

    I am so pleased for you and I'll be thinking of you as I progress through my own exercise challenges.

    Music really does make a difference doesn't it and I like your selections.

    Happy day Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you!!!!! I need to look to you for inspiration! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, what a fantastic achievement. Have a lovely weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - go you!!!

    Can't wait to read about what you come up with next ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations...that is amazing.. You can do anything now...where to next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very impressed Martha! Well done you. That was a terrific achievement, and I so admire you. I'm afraid motivation isn't my strong point. I always sit in the armchair, thinking I really MUST get on that exercise bike and step machine, and then another week goes by. It's really not good, is it?! Thank you so much for popping across to leave a comment on my Kineseology post. I CAN eat butter, so I will try them the way you suggested. I'm afraid I didn't like them at all mashed! Onwards and upwards. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation, you should be very proud of yourself and what a beautiful place to run! Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails