Sunday 1 April 2012

just Personality...

Image

I've been reflective for a while now. Where am I going?, what am I doing? sort of stuff. Not crisis time but just thinking, thinking, thinking... There are changes afoot at work and my inner stability is somewhat off axis. Times are a-changing and I need to decide if I need to go with the flow or swim upstream. I have a heaviness in my heart. Do you ever get that?

I have an amazing friend who has just completed a Myer-Briggs test to understand herself better. I did one through a workshop years ago and was very upset to learn I was an introvert. I didn't want to be an introvert. I wanted to be one of those people that others flock to, not the life of the party per se but someone others were excited to see, to be around. Someone who, when they arrive, you breathe a sigh of relief.

I did the test again

I'm still an introvert

But

This time I have read more and am more comfortable with the explanations. Maybe I am more mature or maybe I can see past the label, past the negative connotations I previously lamented upon.

It is me.

I am more comfortable with the strengths and limitations as defined by the quiz.

But still. I am me

It does explain why though I was more than happy to drop my friends off at a party rather than go to the party myself.



Ciao for now...



 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is the third post in two days that I've read dealing with MB introversion.

    I've often come out as an extrovert in the MB scale but I really identify more with the introvert.

    For more interesting reads, pop on over to my place and click on #'s 7&23 in the linky.

    Happy weekend!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember doing the Myer-Briggs. I was borderline Introvert/Extrovert. Talk about not knowing who you are.. Thanks for your support this week..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always said I'm an Introveted Extrovert. I'm very happy on my own yet all my jobs have put me front and center working with all kinds of people.

    ANd it's funny how I happy I am in my skin now - the older I get - even though I thought I was comfortable before.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails