Tuesday 4 February 2014

Holiday At Home...

Look at that lovely main bedroom

Last weekend we went on a short trip to our closest city to give the family a taste if city life, of fast pacing, of more than 1 traffic light.

They were neither impressed nor unimpressed. We left the city when they were 6 and 8 years old so I thought it was high time we went back to explore as tourists rather than madly dashing from here to there, visiting, visiting, visiting family and friends.

So, tourists we were. We stayed in the centre of the city, a hop skip and a jump from the Mall. I was beside myself with joy. No driving, Shank's pony e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e! Thanks to my new Fit Bit, I know that we clocked up about 12 km walking each day. The accommodation was h-e-a-v-e-n-l-y! A two bedroom, two bathroom apartment with a kitchen. Views were of, well, the city as we were in the city AND just nearby was the, ahem, cathedral (what class I had back then) we were married in some 24 years ago. We went on ferries, buses, went to museums, art galleries, to Max Brenner, out to dinner... Phew! It was so much fun!! Just the four of us. Master T and I seemed to have a natural instinct towards dressing up. He was very excited to see all the 'suits' and wanted to check out the Rolex shop.

The Silver Fox also grew up in the same city as me but alas, he didn't seem to have the same sense of direction and belonging as mwah. Maybe I spent more time there in my youth but it was like I had never left.

I didn't however convince anyone to move back, except my good self. Ahh, it felt so nice. Might wear off after the first traffic jam but it felt good to have everything so close.

I did manage to break my 'no spending rule' and bought some Laura Ashley throws ON SALE! Hello, less than half price! It would have been madness to resist.

So, I highly recommend having a holiday at home good people

Give it a go
Here is a close up of the blanket. So lovely

Other side of the bed. With sheers! Sheers I tell you

St Stephen's Cathedral. Aaawww...

Lounge room. Focal chair with a gorgeous lamp. Look at the phone

Dining room. I know, a bit overboard but still, bliss

I know this looks like a headlock... If you look really close you can see Master T's vacuum cleaner hicky. Ha!
Laura Ashley purchase. Shhh!







Ciao for now...





 

1 comment:

  1. I love the city and will be sad if and when we move.

    What a fun time for your family.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments...

Related Posts with Thumbnails